Applicants must meet the following requirements for admission to the Division of Nutritional Sciences in Department of Pharmacology and Nutritional Sciences at the University of Kentucky:
- A baccalaureate degree from a fully accredited institution of higher learning
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.9 on undergraduate coursework and a 3.0 on all graduate work.
- An average Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score on the verbal, quantitative and analytical sections greater than the 30th percentile.
- For international applicants, a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), which has a maximum score of 667; score of 213 on the computer-based TOEFL (maximum 300), or 79 on the internet-based TOEFL. The minimum International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) score is a 6.5. All applicants must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Admission for the M.S. in the Division of Nutritional Sciences with Clinical Nutrition Emphasis is limited to those with a B.S. in Dietetics or Nutrition.
All those interested in graduate study in the Division of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Kentucky must apply online via Hobson’s ApplyYourself Application Network. There is a $65 application fee for domestic applicants and a $75 application fee for international applicants. Please note that the application cannot be submitted without paying this fee.
The following information must be submitted online to the Graduate School via ApplyYourself:
- Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended. The Graduate School requires an overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 and a 3.00 on all graduate work.
- GRE scores are required for admission. GRE scores should be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS); the Institutional Code for the GRE for the UK Graduate School is R1837.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for all applicants whose native language is not English.
a. TOEFL scores should be sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS); the Institutional Code for the TOEFL for the UK Graduate School is R1837.
b. IELTS scores should be sent directly from the International English Language Testing Service, specifying the University of Kentucky Graduate School, Lexington KY as the recipient institution.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A brief essay, no longer than two single-spaced pages, describing long-term career goals and how the M.S. Program in the Division of Nutritional Sciences would advance these goals.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Research Assistantship Application Form.
Applicants who have been accepted into the M.S. program can also apply for a Research Assistantship with individual faculty. Interested applicants should submit a completed Research Assistantship Application Form with their application materials to the Director of Graduate Studies for the Division of Nutritional Sciences by the application deadline listed below.
Application deadlines for Graduate School admission:
- June 15th for Fall admission
- November 1st for Spring admission
- February 1 for Fall admission
- August 1 for Spring admission
For further information, contact the Director of Graduate Studies for the Division of Nutritional Sciences.